Jesus commands us to go into all the world and preach the gospel to all nations. That command can be overwhelming at times if you approach it in the wrong way. We at Unity believe that the church is not a building, but rather it’s the people who make up the church. And, it is people that will accomplish the mission of God. Jesus told His disciples that He would make them “become” fishers of men. This shows us that the Lord was going to train them to seek the lost and lead them to the cross. Jesus also tells us to start where we are at and work our way through out the globe.
As the Outreach pastor, it is my goal to accomplish three things.
Recognize who you are.
Realize your potential
Run with your mission
Recognize that we are all sinners in need of a Savior. Salvation is not just for you but for the entire world. If you have accepted Christ as your Savior, you are a child of the King. You have an inheritance in Heaven. Therefore we are to share it with everyone. Knowing what has been done for us causes us to share it.
Realize your potential. The Lord took a few fishermen, a tax collector, doctor, (12 regular men) and turned the world upside down. The potential you have as a believer is so much more than you realize and the Lord can use us all for great and mighty things.
Run with your mission. It's simple. Take what has been given to you and do not look back. We are to keep our focus on the kingdom because the time is at hand and it could be any day that the Lord returns.
We have many ways that you can be a part of the outreach program at Unity:
Giving. As a church we believe that the Lord blesses in order for us to bless others. Your tithes and offerings are an important part of our efforts as a church to reach the Lost.
- As a church we support church wide training through Life Groups, Discipleship, Bible Studies, youth Groups and other ministries in order to train our people to learn and spread the Gospel to the Nations.
- We support local ministries including:
Red Cross (Two Blood Drives/year)
- We Support other national and international ministries.
- We support over 20 Home Missions and Church Plants as well as the general fund of our National Home Missions
- We support over 6 specific International Missionaries and Church Plants as well as the general fund of our International Missions Board.
- We take part in many opportunities to travel the United States and the Globe in order to spread the Gospel
Volunteer. As a Unity Member, you will have many opportunities to volunteer and take part in all of our ministry opportunities. If you would like to volunteer, visit us at our Welcome Center or set up a time to come by and visit with the pastoral staff. We would love to have the opportunity to speak with you.
- Discipleship Training. This year was the first year for Disciple U. It was an 8 week intensive Bible Study that reminded us of the Sovereignty of God and the purpose He has for us. More and more opportunities will arise for training and will build on past teaching.
- Church Plants. Our purpose and desire is not to build our kingdom here on earth but to add to the Father’s Kingdom. We as a church feel that part of the call on our lives is to start other works either in the city, state, nation or world. Wherever the Lord leads us we want to follow willingly.
- Bible Translation. This year we feel that the Lord has opened the door for us to take on a project of Bible Translation. We as a church hope to adopt a language and partner with Wycliffe Bible Translators in order to spread the gospel to places in the world that have never heard the truth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Live Stream and Social Media. With technology, it is easy with the click of a button to push the Gospel to places that you and I will probably never visit. The possibility is unimaginable where we can go using the tools God has given us. Each week, the tech crew, video crew, camera crew and staff work to give God our best and worship Him with excellence. With the help of everyone, we hope to share that with the world and the message of the Gospel from our vibrant worship, praying, teaching and biblical teaching.
If you really think about it, everything we do in our lives as a believer is considered “outreach.” It is how we live our daily lives fully committed to Christ that we are the witness that we are supposed to be. No matter where you are as a believer you are to be a light for Christ and share what has been given to you. If you choose to make Unity your home then you will have many opportunities to work, learn, train and share your faith.
Pastor of Outreach and Discipleship