Jesus commands us to go into all the world and preach the gospel to all nations. That command can be overwhelming at times if you approach it in the wrong way. We at Unity believe that the church is not a building, but rather it’s the people who make up the church. And it is people that will accomplish the mission of God. Jesus told His disciples that He would make them “become” fishers of men. This shows us that the Lord was going to train them to seek the lost and lead them to the cross. Jesus also tells us to start where we are, and work our way throughout the globe.
At Unity, we want you to understand your mission in three stages:
Recognize who you are.
Realize your potential
Run with your mission
Recognize that we are all sinners in need of a Savior. If you have accepted Christ as your Savior, you are a child of the King. You have an inheritance in Heaven. Therefore we are to share it with everyone. Knowing what has been done for us causes us to share it.
Realize your potential. The Lord took a few fishermen, a tax collector, a doctor --12 regular men -- and turned the world upside down. The potential you have as a believer is so much more than you realize and the Lord can use you to accomplish great and mighty things.
Run with your mission. It's simple. Take what has been given to you and do not look back. We are to keep our focus on advancing His kingdom, knowing the Lord could return any day.
There are many ways that you can be a part of the outreach program at Unity:
Giving. As a church we believe that the Lord blesses us in order for us to bless others. Your sacrificial giving is an important part of our efforts as a church to reach the people with the gospel.
- As a church, we support discipleship through Life Groups, Small Groups, Bible Studies, Student Ministries, and other initiatives to train our people to share their faith with our neighbors and the nations.
- We support local ministries including:
Red Cross (Two Blood Drives/year)
- We Support other national and international ministries.
Greenville Tennessee Children’s Home
CRU ministry and College Ministry
- We support over 20 new church plants on our continent as well as the general fund of our denomination's North American Ministries
- We support a multitude of international missionaries and church plants as well as the general fund of IM Inc., our denomination's missions agency
- At last count, over 100 families in our congregation support children through Compassion, Intl.
- We take part in many opportunities to travel the United States and the rest of the world in order to spread the gospel.
Volunteer. As a part of Unity, you will have many opportunities to volunteer and take part in ministry. If you would like to volunteer, visit us at our set up a time to come by and visit with the pastoral staff. We would love to have the opportunity to speak with you.
Everything we do in our lives as believers is considered “outreach.” By living our daily lives fully committed to Christ, we become witnesses we are supposed to be. Wherever life takes you as a believe, you are to be a light for Christ and share what has been given to you. Through becoming connected at Unity, you will have many opportunities to serve, learn, and share your faith.