Following up with your decision
Salvation - This is the first step in a relationship with God
We believe that salvation is a free gift from God and is made possible by grace through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. There are several basic concepts that highlight our need for salvation and how we can be saved.
1) God is our Creator.
2) God is holy. There can be nothing sinful associated with Him.
3) Because of man’s original sin (Adam and Eve’s disobedience), we are all born with a sinful nature. We can do nothing to save ourselves, no matter how “good” we try to be.
4) God is loving, and wants a relationship with us, His prized creation. Because of our sin, we are separated from Him.
5) God’s holiness had to be satisfied before we could be reconciled with Him, so His love compelled Him to send His Son, Jesus Christ, to live as a sinless man, die on a cross as a payment for the sin of mankind, and be raised from the dead, defeating sin and death for us all.
6) When we repent of sin and declare our faith in these truths, we are saved.
This is summed up in a few passages of Scripture in the book of Romans:
Romans 3:23- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Romans 6:23- For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life In Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 5:8- But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 10:9, 10- If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
Romans 10:13 For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
If you have made this decision or are interested in becoming a follower of Christ by repenting of your sin and declaring your faith in these truths, we’d love to talk with you. Feel free to call the church at 252-756-6485, or email one of our pastors here.
We believe that baptism is an outward testimony that a person has become a follower of Christ. It is a wonderful testimony to your family and friends of the change that has taken place in your life through salvation found in Jesus Christ.
Unity believes the biblical mode of baptism is by immersion in water, symbolizing our identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We do this periodically during our Sunday services.
If you are interested in participating in Believer's Baptism, please contact one of our pastors by email here.